Red Ribbon Week was established to honor Enrique Camarena, a drug enforcement officer, who gave his life to fight against drugs. The Red Ribbon became the symbol of the campaign to reduce the use of illegal drugs. The theme for 2022 is “Celebrate Me, Live Drug Free.” At Sycamore, we celebrate living a healthy life free of drugs and violence. This year we will be recognizing Red Ribbon Week with a Spirit Week. Throughout this week we encourage you to talk with your student about the meaning of the week and participate in the following activities. You are more than welcome to join us for our Red Ribbon Week events! On the first day, students will receive numbered red bracelets.They are encouraged to wear their bracelets daily throughout the week and daily drawings will be held for prizes.
● Monday 10/24 Halloween door decoration contest featuring a drug and/or violence free theme. “Be a Jean-ius, Be Drug Free!” Everyone wears jeans.
● Tuesday 10/25 830-11am: Air & Marine Operations will touch down with the AS350 Helicopter. Everyone wears red.
● Wednesday 10/26 RED Jell-O will be served at lunch and students will sign a Red Ribbon pledge board. “Be On A Drug Free Team!” Wear your favorite sports jersey or shirt.
● Thursday 10/27 “Put a Cap on Drugs!” Everyone wears a hat.
● Friday 10/28 The winners of the door decorating contest will be announced. 8:15-10:15 am: Border Patrol will be visiting. “Our School Chooses to Be Drug Free!” Everyone wears our school colors.
● Monday 10/31 Everyone can dress up in their Halloween Costumes! (no masks, make-up, swords, or other weapons permitted).